Laptop dead after soldering?

Lelo_Dragneel

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016
I'm decent with computers in general, but not with soldering.
Today, I decided to solder the 'memory card holder' back in place on the motherboard because it was detached. It got detached previously because I had the memory card in the laptop, then bumped it from the side.

Anyways, I was unsuccessful due lack of soldering experience, so I gave up the memory card and its holder. The problem is this; when I reassembled the laptop, the laptop did not show any sign of life. It would not turn on, none of the LEDs would light up, not even the 'charging' LED.

I tried the following: dismantle & reassemble, reseating cables, dust cleaning, alcohol cleaning, holding power button to release charge, new bios battery, tested adapter, tested charging port, removed battery. None of these solutions worked.

My friend tells me I 'scorched' the board, but I have no idea what that means. But you should know that I had the soldering gun pressed on one of the pins on the motherboard for a few seconds. Could this be why?

Laptop details:

Samsung Ultrabook NP900X3C

Thanks in advance guys.

Solution
Pics of where you soldered?

Did you have the battery or power connected while working on it?

Make sure all the connectors are plugged in, and any screws are in the right place. I've known some laptops to use a screw in a certain place to connect battery power; if it's not there it won't boot.
Pics of where you soldered?

Did you have the battery or power connected while working on it?

Make sure all the connectors are plugged in, and any screws are in the right place. I've known some laptops to use a screw in a certain place to connect battery power; if it's not there it won't boot.

Solution