Laptop, Desktop, or both for college

Deathblossoms

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
So.. I'm going into my senior year of
High school (thank God, high school is overrated in my opinion) and I'm deciding if I should get a laptop, desktop, or both for college. I'll be mainly majoring in English, but I want to do video and photo editing. So what should I do? I'm also a big gamer btw

josefnib

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
I used a laptop back in college. It was a macbook pro so it did photo & video editing, all my design work, and games pretty well. And I liked being able to bring my laptop to my design lab classes so that I could work in a familiar environment vs the college's computers. But what was invaluable being able to haul it to the library for doing research and bringing it to class to cram late requirements :D I couldn't imagine college w/o a laptop.

Atoken

Estimable
May 6, 2015
Drop out get your ged for one. You get the same ending result. Two I am college and i started with a laptop but now I have a desktop. I go to school for game development so it all depends on what you are going to school for. You are going to be doing photo editing and such a laptop will do great until you actually start using your degree