Laptop did not recognize usb cables

GbonniX

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
My laptop Acer Extensa 5220, recognize my usb flash drive but when i connect my phone or printer it says in cloud Unknown Device and I can't solve that problem with Device manager neither with reinstalling drivers from CD ..... Please helpp !!!!

Solution
Try going into printers and devices and select a a printer or a device then let it find your printer and the driver should install. If that doesn't work go to the printer manufacturer and download the driver on your specific printer. Now any computer I have pops up a message that a new device is detected and then it try's to install the driver for that device.
For USB printer, you need to begin installing the driver before you connect the connect the printer, then connect it when you see the message on the screen telling you to connect it & switch it on.

For mobile phone, you need to install Windows software available from the phone manufacturer's website.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Try going into printers and devices and select a a printer or a device then let it find your printer and the driver should install. If that doesn't work go to the printer manufacturer and download the driver on your specific printer. Now any computer I have pops up a message that a new device is detected and then it try's to install the driver for that device.

Solution