Laptop dies not turn on

dishant01

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
Product Name: Hp probook 4540s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Processor : Intel core i3 3110M
Ram:4gb
I had water spilled on my hp probook 4540s laptop between the space bar and caps lock section. I had kept the laptop in inverted v position on floor in order to dry the water inside. After around 5 hours I tried to turn on the laptop and I could smell something burning beneath the power button. So I removed the battery again and let it dry. Now the cd writer, the fan powers up. But the fan turns on and off after sometime and I could feel the air blowing out if the vent provided on left hand side . The keyboard doesn't turn on. I didn't smell anything burning this time though. I even tried the method where we try to hold the reset button for 15 secs by removing battery and AC adapter and then connecting ac adapter without battery and turning on the power button(process also known as hard reset). But nothing works. It just turns on and off in 4-5 secs. I could feel the fan and everything moving properly as it should but power is creating a problem. It is around 12 hrs now only thing that has changed is the time for which the power is on and then it turns off back again. Please help and feel free to ask more questions based on my laptop.

maty1a

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Because it started with you watering it. It is very likely the cause of problem some steam might be still in it and making wrong connection. Not much you can do about this , maybe put it in rice for two days , open casing if possible.