Question Laptop doesn't recognize AC Charger after Windows update

xShiro

Estimable
Apr 1, 2016
Just bought a used laptop today, Sony Vaio VPCCB series. What happened was I connected the AC charger and the laptop turned on. I noticed it said batter not found, and I didn't realize the battery wasn't inserted, so I go back to the box and find the battery and insert it. Now upon booting up, there's a Windows 10 update. I let it update and as soon as it reboots, the laptop doesn't recognize the AC charger at all. Eventually the battery died and I can't even turn the laptop on anymore. I tried some stuff I found on the Internet before it shut down, but to no success.

Reactions: Hydra119
Is it actually the charger that should be with the laptop? Additionally is it the right battery for the laptop?

I would suggest looking online to confirm you have the correct parts and not aftermarket ones, which can be a problem.

If it won't resolve, then you may want to consider trying to return the device.

xShiro

Estimable
Apr 1, 2016
I made a thread a few days ago about how I bought a used laptop and it would turn on with the charger alone (no battery), but after I inserted the battery and booted it, it installed a Windows update (very likely the cause of this mishap), and would boot up normally (but wouldn't charge), but as it had 8% battery, eventually it died and it doesn't charge at all, regardless if the battery is inside or not. I contacted the previous owner, and he's playing stupid saying he mentioned in the article that the battery was defect and that it would work only with the charger. I sent him a screenshot of the article, where he says everything is just nice and dandy with the laptop, no word mentioning the "all of a sudden" defect battery. I don't know how that will play out, will buying a new battery fix the issue? Did the Windows update actually break the charging? The laptop's a Sony Vaio VPCCB2S1E. As for why am I buying a used laptop in the first place? I'm a student that's eating pasta every day, enough said.

Oh, and if I do insert the battery and try to boot the laptop, it actually does start booting until it shuts down because there's no power.

xShiro

Estimable
Apr 1, 2016
I replied to your thread. You, however, did not reply. Please see above.
Sorry about that, I thought it'd be better if I made a new thread with updates, and thanks for replying on the issue but that didn't help because they are the original parts that came with the laptop. I find the Windows update to be the culprit but am still unsure. Also, the guy won't take it back he says it worked when he shipped it.