Laptop Drivers Compatibility

blabbermawt

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
Hello again,

Okay let me just the question directly.. I've got this laptop from a friend and want this laptop operating system to revert it back to windows 7 BUT..

As seen on the webpage support of this laptop which is ASUS X455 it doesnt have any support drivers for windows 7 its only 8.1 so I need to ask if the driver of the Windows 8.1 is compatible with windows 7?

Solution
Getting rid of the "metro" or "modern" interface (I don't know if I hate the names or the interface worse) make a big difference. Start8 makes it boot to the desktop, gives you the start button back (the icon can even be Windows 7 style) and is customizable.

Here is the link: http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Watch the video of it in action....other than the icon for the start button, your PC behaves like Windows 7.

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Probably not....reverting a laptop to Windows 7 should only be done if you can find the drivers specifically for Windows 7. If you do some research, you may be able to find the drivers for the system by looking up the actual motherboard and seeing if you can find them that way.

What is the problem with Windows 8? Have you tried a 3rd party solution like Start8 (it is $4.99 and is my favorite) - it brings back the start button, and give almost the same functionality as Windows 7 (there are a few differences), plus you benefit from faster boot times....

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Getting rid of the "metro" or "modern" interface (I don't know if I hate the names or the interface worse) make a big difference. Start8 makes it boot to the desktop, gives you the start button back (the icon can even be Windows 7 style) and is customizable.

Here is the link: http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Watch the video of it in action....other than the icon for the start button, your PC behaves like Windows 7.

Solution

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
My wife used a friend's laptop that had Windows 8....couldn't get anything to work....hated it to no end....I purchased a new laptop for her, installed Start8 and did a few little customizations - she actually asked me how I found a new laptop with Windows 7 on it....