Laptop dvd drive isn't reading disc.

peter_zaw

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Recently I have changed Dell Laptop 15 3537 DVD drive with new one and that new one wasn't reading any disc. But sometime drive is working but if i ejected the disc and insert again it isn't working again. When i inserted the any CD DVD, Windows loading bar is progressing but nothing is shown and windows explorer hangs. I'm sure hardware is fine and have to do some thing with the OS. I can tell because when i tried to boot any bootable windows installation disc, Laptop load the OS to the installation Setup page... So basically drive is working. I use windows 7 64 bit. I've tried so many method such as using Fixit, deleting Upper Lower Filter in Registry, etc... Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Peter Zaw

peter_zaw

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Thank for the reply help. I don't have yellow mark in dev manager and as i mention, i've tried most of the method given by microsoft but it didn't help. sometime, right click the drive and eject the drive takes very long to come out for the disc tray.

peter_zaw

Distinguished
May 19, 2009

peter_zaw

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I think I've solve my own problem. what helps me to solve the problem is I have uninstalled Intel Rapid Storage driver and uninstalled the DVD drive from device manager and restarted the PC. After reboot, drive is reading disc again. Anyway thanks for the help.