Laptop Editing Lightroom

Sergio0522

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Hello im looking to buy a laptop to us for photo editing and video editing, trying to find something thats affordable yet practical and under at least $700. Theres tons of guides but im looking for some personal experiences. Something with touchscreen would also be nice

Solution
Outside of looking for pre-owned or possibly a refurb/return from dell or lenovo outlet store your budget is a little low.

For lightroom use you are going to need a core i7 HQ serries, the HQ series is 4 core 8 thread but the U series (what will be in the lower priced laptops and ultrabooks) is only 2 core 4 thread. You will also want at least a GTX 1050 GPU in it as lightroom can utilze the CUDA cores in NVIDIA gpus to help with processing/rendering.
New you are looking at more like $800-900 for this setup.

And FYI any AMD A8/A10 laptop will be absolutely awful for this, worse then an i3.
Outside of looking for pre-owned or possibly a refurb/return from dell or lenovo outlet store your budget is a little low.

For lightroom use you are going to need a core i7 HQ serries, the HQ series is 4 core 8 thread but the U series (what will be in the lower priced laptops and ultrabooks) is only 2 core 4 thread. You will also want at least a GTX 1050 GPU in it as lightroom can utilze the CUDA cores in NVIDIA gpus to help with processing/rendering.
New you are looking at more like $800-900 for this setup.

And FYI any AMD A8/A10 laptop will be absolutely awful for this, worse then an i3.

Solution