Laptop egpu with laptop screen

Interestedinit

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
I have a wonderful idea on connecting egpu on laptop without using external monitor, using laptops only.
So the idea i thought would be possible if you diconnect laptop screen from the borad and make it as a monitor that you can connect your pc to, instead of doing that you would do a circle connect from your egpu wich is connected to express card in your laptop though that hdmi cable, and to make it even more cool you could make a lid with glass fibre to make it very delicant and good looking gaming laptop. This idea ignited in my mind after having alienware laptop wich was wery expensive to my budget and even more expensive to upgrade it with that laptop suited components. So i want your ideas if it would be possible to do so, or is it just childs imagination even im not a child :-D.
Sorry if something is not uderstandable english isnt my first language so dont hate. Peace

You can find adapters to connect laptop displays to video cards, http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Convert-a-Laptop-LCD-into-an-External-Monit/?ALLSTEPS You need to find the correct LCD controller board for your system and go from there. There may be issues though with the laptop working with the external video card as the main and only screen, it may need to default to the onboard video, which is not connected now, so you won't have a display to work with easily.

Interestedinit

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Ive seen someone made monitor from laptop screen with hdmi in port so, the egpu connector has hdmi out so i think it should be possible just as you said, there just has to bee correct controller, sky is the limit :-D