Question Laptop extremely slow after battery drained to 0 and then shut down

Jan 28, 2020
Hello. I accidentally left my laptop unplugged and when battery was drained fully, it, of course, shut down. Now, when I start my laptop it is extremely slow. It takes ages to load web pages and took me about 15 minutes to register on this forum and confirm my email only. I cannot watch YouTube videos anymore, because it is 1 second watch and 20 seconds load, then 1 second watch and 20 seconds loading again and so on. So basically it is barely usable now. It's not only internet, as the system itself became slow too. The only thing is good, is that downloaded videos that I have on my laptop I can watch normally, they do not lag and not slow.

So I've tried restarting laptop couple of times and I allowed it to rest for 1 hour, both on and off, nothing is helping. Any ideas what has happened? Can someone help please?
Some additional information if it matters:
I have Windows 8.1
When laptop shut down after battery drain, Chrome was open.
I don't see anything else abnormal and this thing never happened before.

Jan 28, 2020
I have no idea about any types of tests that can be done, so if someone has any suggestions, please, if possible, explain how it can be done or give link to instructions please. It is very hard to search for information on google now, as, well, my laptop is too slow for that.
But yeah, like I said, I don't know what to do, never done too much technical stuff for laptop, have no idea about fixing, testing, etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop General Discussion 0
W Laptop General Discussion 3
R Laptop General Discussion 13
V Laptop General Discussion 7
H Laptop General Discussion 3
F Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 14
StormFalcon Laptop General Discussion 5
N Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 11