Solved! Laptop fan broke, laptop won’t start

Jun 23, 2019
My laptops fan recently stop working, it makes a really loud grinding noise. My laptop would display a message before bios warning that the fan was broken and further use could result in damage but to hit enter to go to start the laptop. After a few hours of use the laptop won’t go past that message after hitting enter and is stuck on a black screen.

Solution
If you mean to access the data, not if it won't turn on. At least not without pulling the drive and connecting it to another computer and then only if it can read it.

If you are not familiar with working with the hardware, I would suggest you take it to someone who can look it over and give you an estimate on the cost of a repair and/or data retrieval.

Unless it is under warranty. If that is the case, then you need to let the manufacturer repair it.

lmahek

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
If you are stuck on a black screen (screen not coming on at all) it may be too late. Over heating can cause solder to melt among other things. If the laptop will power on but your screen is black your gpu if you have one may have shifted due to the solder melting. If this is the case you may be able to re-float the gpu.

If you mean to access the data, not if it won't turn on. At least not without pulling the drive and connecting it to another computer and then only if it can read it.

If you are not familiar with working with the hardware, I would suggest you take it to someone who can look it over and give you an estimate on the cost of a repair and/or data retrieval.

Unless it is under warranty. If that is the case, then you need to let the manufacturer repair it.

Solution