Laptop fan takes a long time to start working

Apr 4, 2018
Hello,

As the title suggests, my laptop fan takes a long time to start actually cooling down the laptop resulting in high temperatures (70-90 degrees Celsius). This problem started occurring about 3 days ago. The fan takes about 30-50 minutes to start and when the fan works, about 2-3 hours later it stops again... I couldn't find similar existing questions of my problem on this or any site, so I'm asking my own.

The laptop was cleaned about a month ago, so I don't expect there to be much dust that makes it difficult for the fan to start, but if that's what needs to be done please say so.

Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 3
K Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 1
Z Laptop General Discussion 10
B Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 4
T Laptop General Discussion 2
1 Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 6
M Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 5
P Laptop General Discussion 5
R Laptop General Discussion 2
Similar threads
Question A lightweight ultra-portable laptop to take on a trek in Nepal
Laptop fan takes a long time to start working
Seeking a low cost Quad Core laptop, capable of taking 32GB RAM (for education use not gaming)
how to troubleshoot Toshiba laptop no take charger, no power on only display red color light LED
okay so I logged in my acer laptop it said it needed to update then it went flashing black saying this could take a while I tu
Can I get i5 7200u with integrated graphics and can also take a dedicated gpu of amd radeon in a laptop?
Looking for a very cheap laptop for note-taking in class
Lenovo laptop wont take my password
which laptop can take this upgrades.
Need new "all purpose laptop"(more like light gaming and taking notes) for 300 or under.
Hloo my laptop takes much time to restart....its around took 1hour still it is restarting..can I stop it in the middle..plz he
I have an acer laptop. Recently the orange charger light has been blinking. So now my laptop can't charge and I can't take it
i reseted laptop it takes time and i removed battery. when i on it says automatic repair and diagnosing your pc
Need a laptop I can take to meetings but also game on.
Why are laptops so hard to take apart?
Need a cheap CS:GO/LOL Laptop to take to school
How to take the back off a laptop without a screwdriver
For light gaming in a laptop, which processor should I take?
Seeking a laptop where where display, keyboard, and battery life take precedent under $700.
Laptop is taking a long time to start up

ASK THE COMMUNITY