Solved! Laptop for a CS beginner

Tanpy

Prominent
Mar 23, 2020
So I am a fresher at my college pursuing CS and planning to buy a new laptop.I am confused between buying a gaming laptop or a light one.Remember I do not prefer gaming.Its just that I am going to use this laptop atleast for next 4 years and I should be sure that there is nothing(almost) related to my core which I cannot perform,for example Machine Learning(I heard it requires a higher configuration laptop).I am confused between a gaming laptop of 1650 graphics card and a normal one of MX250 at the same price. Is MX250 enough?Please provide suggestions.
Lenovo Legion Y540
OR
Lenovo Ideapad S540
This is not my choice.This is just a reference for comparing
Thanks

Solution
Machine Learning programs do have the ability to do calculations using the video card so the better you get the faster it will be. However the MX250 is good enough to do stuff, not as fast as faster cards of course but it's good enough to run things.
Machine Learning programs do have the ability to do calculations using the video card so the better you get the faster it will be. However the MX250 is good enough to do stuff, not as fast as faster cards of course but it's good enough to run things.

Solution