Laptop for animation

Gazuzu

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Hello,
I recently finished a 3D course and I decided to specialize in character animation.
I'm currently working on my showreel with a very old pc and, seen that I'll probably leave home very soon, I was planning to buy a laptop.
I know that a mobile workstation would be the best choice for me, but I'd also like to know if there's such a big difference with a gaming laptop, considering that I'm a beginner animator and I probably won't work with too detailed 3d models or scenes.
For example, what do you think about MSI GE72 Apache pro-242? Would it be a worthy choice?
Do you have any suggestion? Thanks.

1. What is your budget? Around 1300-1400 euros

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"-17"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Possibly yes, games like Assassin's Creed or Gta V, but definitely not necessarily with high settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Mostly Maya and sometimes Photoshop and After Effects

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least 500 gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 2-3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Doesn't matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Doesn't matter

13. What country do you live in? Italy

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.