Binary Riot

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
Hello, I am an architect and I need to find a decent laptop. Please help me because the more I browse between the laptops the bigger headache I get. I've filled in this questionnary so I suppose it contains everything that you need to know about my demand.

Thank you very much

1. What is your budget?
800 euros

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1480x1240

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
laptop that I can use as a workstation as well

5. How much battery life do you need?
doesn't matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
not really.BUT I do 3D modeling

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, Lumion (needs 2giga graphic card), Photoshop, etc..

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
basic.just CD and DVD reader.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I always had HP, I preffer something with good name, I guess

13. What country do you live in?
France, but can buy it in Spain or Andorra or online.

Solution
These are probably the best units near your budget (Anything lower is going to struggle terribly with CAD programs). While gaming is not a concern, the expense of a workstation GPU can't be accommodated and integrated graphics won't cut it so a discreet gaming GPU that can handle 3D rendering without issue is the best option.

http://www.amazon.fr/Lenovo-Ideapad-Z70-80-Ordinateur-i7/dp/B00TQR7L50/ref=sr_1_4?m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1424984198&sr=1-4

Since there are major differences in keyboard language and layout between countries, what is your preferred keyboard standard. While this isn't usually an issue for English speakers in other countries, it might be if ordering from someplace outside of France.
These are probably the best units near your budget (Anything lower is going to struggle terribly with CAD programs). While gaming is not a concern, the expense of a workstation GPU can't be accommodated and integrated graphics won't cut it so a discreet gaming GPU that can handle 3D rendering without issue is the best option.

http://www.amazon.fr/Lenovo-Ideapad-Z70-80-Ordinateur-i7/dp/B00TQR7L50/ref=sr_1_4?m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1424984198&sr=1-4

Since there are major differences in keyboard language and layout between countries, what is your preferred keyboard standard. While this isn't usually an issue for English speakers in other countries, it might be if ordering from someplace outside of France.

Solution