Laptop for brother

Legends

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I am looking for a Christmas present laptop for my brother who is in the military. He would mostly us it for e-mail and office like spreadsheets.

1_What is your budget? $400 - 600 or if I find a more expensive one for a great sale price.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? best I can get for the price

3_What screen resolution do you want? best I can get for the price

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5_How much battery life do you need? not much

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? no games.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) As above mostly but, maybe a few photos and movie watching but limited.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? not much

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. I have use Newegg.com many times in the past. A Microcenter just opened near my house.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? A few years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD. No need for Bluray

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Never owned a laptop. I have assembled desktops in the past though.

13_What country do you live in? USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. My price is flexible if the laptop is a great deal.

Thanks all for the replies.