Question Laptop for electrical engineering

Sep 2, 2024
Hello guys! As the title suggest, I'm in need of a laptop recommendation. Since I had already filled a diffrent questionnaire, I decided to use that one and not the suggested one on the website since they are similar. Thanks in advance!
**LAPTOP QUESTIONNAIRE**

* **Total budget (in local currency) and country of purchase. Please do not use USD unless purchasing in the US:**

1100-1300€, Greece

* **Are you open to refurbs/used?**

No

* **How would you prioritize form factor (ultrabook, 2-in-1, etc.), build quality, performance, and battery life?**

Form factor, performance, battery life, build quality but I would say they are all really important factors

* **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

Pretty important since I'll be carrying it a lot during the day in and out of the university. I don't want a really heavy machine.

* **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

N/A

* **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

I want it to run programs like CAD, Clion, vs code, matlab etc.

* **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

Not planning to game on it, except maybe casual indie games and the binding of isaac.

* **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

I want it to have a reliable build quality, a good keyboard, touch screen and input devices.

* **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.**

Some notes. Since I'll be studying electrical and computer engineering a lot of coding will be involved and I'll be using the programs I mentioned so I'd like them to run smoothly. I'll also use it for projects and more casual stuff. Also I want it to last me at least 5 years and I need it to have a good battery life, since I might not be able to have it constantly plugged in.