Laptop for Engineering Student

KD35isaBeast

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Hi there! I'm new to this forum, and am entering university. I am looking for a laptop that will accompany me, for, hopefully, the next 2-3 years. As far as my preferences go, I'd like something that is quite portable and has a great battery life. 14" is optimal for me and beyond seems too much. I need a stylish and thin laptop, but I don't want a Mac (I don't like the new OS). I'm aware that the Series 9 Samsung is available right now, but I feel that it's quite a waste for what it offers. My budget would be about $1500 or so. It needs to be at least an i5 that is light and easy to carry around. Light gaming wouldn't be a bad thing either. The Samsung Series 7 peaked my interest, but it doesn't seem to have a release date and I need one quite soon. Another really interesting one is the ASUS UX21. Again, no tentative release date so I'm not sure what to do. The QX412 is really nice as a Macbook Pro style laptop, but the screen seems pretty poor in sunlight, which might be a problem for me. I'm going to be buying it in Canada, and while an online purchase is okay with me, store purchase would be the easiest and quickest. If you guys have any laptops in mind, Let me know! Thanks for your time!

KD35isaBeast

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Thanks for the help! I went to their website, and I'm liking the Asus U36SD-A1. Suits my style pretty well. I'm considering it, but not sure if I would be missing out by waiting for a few more weeks for the Series 7 or the U46SV.