Laptop for movies, music, business

slowmac89

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am seeking advice regarding a laptop suitable for streaming HD movies, listening to music, and work (heavy excel, microsoft office).

I like the ASUS Vivobook X556UR-SH51-CB 15.6 2.3ghz Intel Core i5-6198DU NVIDIA GeForce 930MX 16GB DDR4 RAM 1080P resolution.

1. What is your budget?
<$700 CDN

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13" to 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Laptop

5. How much battery life do you need?
6-7 plus hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Probably not, but if I do play games it's only going to be this crappy game called League of Legends (non graphic intensive). Regardless, I prefer an entry level dediated card over integrated cards.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Streaming HD Videos, listening to music, work.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
256GB HDD/SSD is more than sufficient

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not needed

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
ASUS because they look nice

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
N/A

Thank you

Solution

Amazon Canada is not selling the previous laptop.

This one is simmilar from newegg, Asus K550 15.6'' $719.95 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P056D7299
For your needs, any mainstream laptop will work. ASUS is a good brand, pick something you like from them, really any model will be good. Battery life you probably won't hit 6 hours with high use unless you get a system with a weaker CPU and run on lower brightness.

slowmac89

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

That looks like a really good laptop. Similar to the one I mentioned, although that is the US Amazon site. It doesn't have the model number so I don't know how to search for it in Canada. And wow that thing is over 6 pounds

YoAndy

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017

Amazon Canada is not selling the previous laptop.

This one is simmilar from newegg, Asus K550 15.6'' $719.95 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P056D7299

Solution