Laptop for photoediting, video editing and casual gaming

Amzar Vladimir

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Hello

I am a photograph and I am planning to buy a new laptop. I have an old iMac from 2009, which is still surviving. I will use the laptop most for editing in Lightroom, photoshop and After Effects.
The laptop should be light enough to carry it with me on movie sets because i am on working as a movie photographer doing making of's. I will probably need pretty soon more processing power because i want to build my own studio.
I would like to have a laptop with an ok battery because i wont always have the opportunity find a power socket.

My budget is somewhere around £1,600

I liked this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zenbook-UX501VW-DS71T-HID9-i7-6700HQ-2-6-3-5GHz-Touchscreen/dp/B0191ZINIK/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=N547Q004VHYGGTX2B85S&th=1

I heard that the screen might be too glossy for taking it out in the sunlight and I dont want this since i need color accuracy.

gillhooley

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I would look for the newer 7 series Intel processors 7700HQ and 10 series Nvidia GPU. They will help with power and battery life. The laptop you picked is great just has last generation hardware.