Laptop for photoediting, video editing and casual gaming

Amzar Vladimir

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Hello

I am a photograph and I am planning to buy a new laptop. I have an old iMac from 2009, which is still surviving. I will use the laptop most for editing in Lightroom, photoshop and After Effects.
The laptop should be light enough to carry it with me on movie sets because i am on working as a movie photographer doing making of's. I will probably need pretty soon more processing power because i want to build my own studio.
I would like to have a laptop with an ok battery because i wont always have the opportunity find a power socket.

My budget is somewhere around £1,600

I liked this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zenbook-UX501VW-DS71T-HID9-i7-6700HQ-2-6-3-5GHz-Touchscreen/dp/B0191ZINIK/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=N547Q004VHYGGTX2B85S&th=1

I heard that the screen might be too glossy for taking it out in the sunlight and I dont want this since i need color accuracy.

gillhooley

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I would look for the newer 7 series Intel processors 7700HQ and 10 series Nvidia GPU. They will help with power and battery life. The laptop you picked is great just has last generation hardware.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wolfman0987 Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 1
Anau Viswanath Laptop General Discussion 4
K Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
gerpc Laptop General Discussion 0
H Laptop General Discussion 1
utubeagrawal Laptop General Discussion 0
Zama1 Laptop General Discussion 1