Laptop for scant power supply/repairs 14" lightweight no touch screen?

fofa

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
I need a 14" or so with great battery life, going overseas. Will use skype etc heavily, heavy typing documents, some video making. Had an Asus, fried it, Fujitsu same, I hate windows 8.1 and touch screens. Looking for maximum technology under 1,000 us. Don't want Mac or ipad or Surface. I just don't like touch screens and want windows 7, checking craig'slist, what are good models under 15"? Asus is top on list. Any help, thank you.

fofa

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014

Lord have mercy that does appear to be nice! :wahoo: I've always "heard" that Lenovo was really weak but have things changed or?? Repair guys I talk to say that Asus is the best because of the motherboards, supposedly in basically all laptops but who knows. I'm going to check this out more, that's a really incredible battery life. Thanks for pointing it out to me!!!

fofa

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014

Was just some disgruntled friend with a Lenovo, not sure what the problem was. I used to really like the Fujitsus back in the day so anything geared towards IT pro sounds good. Honestly never researched Lenovo because of that lingering diss in the back of my mind! Thanks again, I'm loving the specs on these.