Solved! Laptop freezes and restarts at random times.

MrBrN197

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
I have an ASUS ROG g750-jx laptop and for a few months I've been having a problem it just randomly freezing and restarting after some time. This happens everyday throughout the day without fail. I couldn't find a consistent pattern to when it freezes but I can sense that the amount of time before a freeze has shortened over time; Nothing seems to be causing It's, it just occurs while doing anything even when i leave it on the desktop idle. I think twice iv'e seen it restart from a freeze and immediately freeze while it restarted or immediately after it restarted. I Don't think I've ever seen it stay on without freezing for more than 12 hours. It's nothing to do with the temperature because the temps are fine. I've ran it while the cpu are on full and it doesn't immediately go off when the temperatures are high. It is just a very random freeze.

When there is sound playing right when it freezes the sound is stuck continuously I'm sure this makes sense just thought I would add that.

I was really worried that this is a hardware problem but something I noted is that when I just put it on bios It doesn't freeze. Just to confirm this I will leave it on bios throughout the night and see if I am correct about this.

I am running windows 10. I also tried to see If I could refresh the computer but it just came up with an error. Can't remember what it was just an error that was completely vague something like "can't refresh computer" with no explanation of why.

Any one have any suggestion?

Solution
I would try running antivirus and anti-malware software on the device.

Also check what programs are running in the background, as to much dragging it down can cause the freezing.

MrBrN197

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
MERGED QUESTION
Question from MrBrN197 : "Laptop Freezes and restarts randomly."

I have an ASUS ROG g750-jx laptop and for a few months I've been having a problem it just randomly freezing and restarting after some time. This happens everyday throughout the day without fail. I couldn't find a consistent pattern to when it freezes but I can sense that the amount of time before a freeze has shortened over time; Nothing seems to be causing It's, it just occurs while doing anything even when i leave it on the desktop idle. I think twice iv'e seen it restart from a freeze and immediately freeze while it restarted or immediately after it restarted. I Don't think I've ever seen it stay on without freezing for more than 12 hours. It's nothing to do with the temperature because the temps are fine. I've ran it while the cpu are on full and it doesn't immediately go off when the temperatures are high. It is just a very random freeze.

When there is sound playing right when it freezes the sound is stuck continuously I'm sure this makes sense just thought I would add that.

I was really worried that this is a hardware problem but something I noted is that when I just put it on bios It doesn't freeze. Just to confirm this I will leave it on bios throughout the night and see if I am correct about this.

I am running windows 10. I also tried to see If I could refresh the computer but it just came up with an error. Can't remember what it was just an error that was completely vague something like "can't refresh computer" with no explanation of why.

Any one have any suggestion?