Laptop freezes for ~10 seconds and then makes 1 beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcipaans

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
The laptop is new (around 2 weeks out of the shop).
Model is Aspire V3-571G, Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, Dx 11.

This doesn't happen when I am gaming, only when I am surfing the internet or doing some paperwork and not playing games. The whole system freezes usually from 5-15 seconds. Mouse doesn't work, keys don't respond, nothing. The only thing that can work is to hold the Power Off button when it freezes like that.

But when it unfreezes it makes 1 kind of a beeping sound. It's not high pitch, kind of low pitch, short little *boop*...and everything continues working as it was before.
This usually happens once every 2 days, sometimes doesn't happen for a longer time.

I've been monitoring the temperatures on laptop since I got it and CPU hasn't went over 80C even when playing fairly hardware intensive games, GPU doesn't go above 70C either.

Anyone knows what could it be? Some kind of fluke while installing the OS maybe? Because when I got it, it had Linpus Linux on which I immediately changed to W7.

zdbc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Sounds like your video card driver is getting out of sync. Try updating with the latest driver for your video card. Which video card does yours have, I noticed several different variations of that model.

marcipaans

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Integrated is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 but I am using GeForce GT640M most of the time. When I installed Windows, downloading drivers from nvidia website was one of the top priorities and I just checked if there is an update available, there isn't. I got the newest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.