Laptop gaming sudden cpnstant frame dropping

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
I have an HP DM4 3000se laptop. Gaming on it has suddenly become extremely slow. Nothing is EATING up my disc, as I see but something is using up ALOT of my CPU and it is NOT listed on Task Manager.

Solution
I have a feeling that you have a virus, malware or adware or something like that, but i could be wrong. I would honestly first try re-installing windows or whatever operating system you are using. With a clean install, or with a freshly done factory reset or system restore, check to see if your cpu usage is spiking still with no noticable culprits. If not then i would say problem solved. If so, maybe look into some extra cooling for the laptop. When the laptops cpu is running hot, sometimes it will throttle the performance, making the cpu have to work harder to achieve the same results. Hope this helps!

intimthebrave

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I have a feeling that you have a virus, malware or adware or something like that, but i could be wrong. I would honestly first try re-installing windows or whatever operating system you are using. With a clean install, or with a freshly done factory reset or system restore, check to see if your cpu usage is spiking still with no noticable culprits. If not then i would say problem solved. If so, maybe look into some extra cooling for the laptop. When the laptops cpu is running hot, sometimes it will throttle the performance, making the cpu have to work harder to achieve the same results. Hope this helps!

Solution

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

Thank you for everything, but I finally found out what it was. it was the fan. The fan was starting to get bad. Thanl yu everyone for all of your help.