Laptop getting incredibly slow internet speeds.

Tom_243

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Have a HP laptop running windows 8 and its getting incredibly low internet speeds, all other devices in the house including a different laptop are getting around 30/40 MBPS download, but this laptop is getting less than 2 MBPS. Any advice on what the problem may be?

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
You should run a scan with malwarebytes, clean any infections and reboot and do the same with your antivirus. If you're running a free antivirus and using Windows firewall i'd buy a security suite with a top notch firewall like Kaspersky. If you rather not use comodo free firewall however they tend wanna take over how you google to the point of intrusiveness last I used which was eons ago. Run a chkdsk when you sure laptop is clean. Next update your wifi drivers or whatever for internet. If still slow I'd speak to your ISP .

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
You should run a scan with malwarebytes, clean any infections and reboot and do the same with your antivirus. If you're running a free antivirus and using Windows firewall i'd buy a security suite with a top notch firewall like Kaspersky. If you rather not use comodo free firewall however they tend wanna take over how you google to the point of intrusiveness last I used which was eons ago. Run a chkdsk when you sure laptop is clean. Next update your wifi drivers or whatever for internet. If still slow I'd speak to your ISP .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 2
SirDeafCheese Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
mackxx1 Laptop Tech Support 7
Belltozar Laptop Tech Support 0
prayingmantra Laptop Tech Support 0
abdullahmert Laptop Tech Support 3
Cara770 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
alexandru123123 Laptop Tech Support 1
btmilan Laptop Tech Support 4