Laptop gone crqzy

Isabel_5

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
I am having the same issue with the keyboard, but much severe. I can't even type the password to unlock the computer. This has happened at least 5 times and every time I've had to reset the computer. Please, help!

Should I go to the computer's set up? Remember because I can't type the password (the letters don't correspond to what I am typing).

Solution
Find the numlock key and try hitting it (usually Fn + another key).

Most laptops have a keypad overlaid on top of the regular keys (j = 1, k = 2, l = 3, m = 0, u = 4, i =5, o = 6, etc). If numlock is accidentally turned on, it activates these and you'll end up typing numbers when you're trying to type letters.

If it's happening every time you reboot the computer, check in your BIOS settings for an option to turn numlock on/off at startup, and try changing it.

pcbugfixer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
Please explain what you mean by "every time I've had to reset the computer" what did you actually do ?

My suggestion is that you obviously have selected the wrong Country for your Keyboard layout or the Keyboard is damaged.

How did you type this post if your Keyboard is not responding correctly ?

Let me know what you did and which Keyboard you have installed.

PC-Bug Fixer

Find the numlock key and try hitting it (usually Fn + another key).

Most laptops have a keypad overlaid on top of the regular keys (j = 1, k = 2, l = 3, m = 0, u = 4, i =5, o = 6, etc). If numlock is accidentally turned on, it activates these and you'll end up typing numbers when you're trying to type letters.

If it's happening every time you reboot the computer, check in your BIOS settings for an option to turn numlock on/off at startup, and try changing it.

Solution

pcbugfixer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008

The default on Laptops is "Numlock Off", we don't know the Brand of the Laptop or the Keyboard Layout, i.e. is it with a wide layout with a separate number key pad or not.
Obviously the 15" Laptops did not have a separate Num Pad and your reply could have indicated the problem to fix.

PC-Bug Fixer

Isabel_5

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016