Laptop GPU And Three Beeps.

MamuMogambo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 I bought a few years ago. For an year or so, my laptop had been overheating. Normal usage temperatures were 60-70 degrees Celsius (sometimes above 90 too) and while playing games would jump above 95 before the laptop shut down after playing for 10 minutes. I had planned to clean my laptop thoroughly and apply new thermal paste but I kept postponing the task.
About a month ago I pressed the laptop's power button but all there was was these white lines on the screen and then three beeps. I shut the laptop off 'cause the beeps would continue. Although after trying turning on the laptop a few times it would turn on normally. But with time I had to give more and more tries to turn the laptop on. Its takes around 15-20 times turning the laptop on and off before it finally turns on normally.
So, I sent the laptop for repair. The guy said that the problem is in the GPU chip on the motherboard and the motherboard will have to be replaced. I brought the laptop back 'cause I don't want to spend that much money on repairing it.
I am typing this from the same laptop. I have thermal paste and all the stuff with me right now and am thinking of replacing the thermal paste 'cause I think that if I bring the normal temperatures down it might help with the problem.
Also, during my search for the solution I came across "Motherboard Reflow". I can try this risky method but that I might do when nothing works.
Do you guys think that changing the thermal paste might help? Also, I think that associated with the GPU problem is the speaker problem (not working), mic problem (not working) and probably the DVD and battery problems too.
Any advice is appreciated.