Question Laptop GPU low clock speeds

Jan 26, 2022
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and here out of desperation. I have an Acer Nitro 515-57 running with an RTX 3050 Notebook. Since yesterday I noticed my framerate while gaming didn't increase when I plugged the laptop into the AC power. I downloaded MSI Afterburner to see what was going on thinking it was underclocked somehow and I just had to overclock it a bit to fix it. That didn't work. In my frustration I tried cranking up the sliders all the way up but that caused my system to lag heavily and I had to hard reboot it by pressing down the power button. Since then I observed that my GPU core clock speed wasn't going above 210MHz and the GPU memory wasn't going above 405MHz. This issue was fixed upon doing a fresh install of the nvidia drivers however it happened again after restarting my laptop, and has happened every time since. I've tried resetting windows but the problem has persisted. I've tried removing my graphics drivers in safe mode using DDU and reinstalling them again, to no avail. I even tried to format my drives and do a clean install of Windows to see if that helped but the installer couldn't detect my drives so that attempt fell short as well. Being only a few months old I hate to believe that there might be a hardware failure already. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmineMo Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
MaximusHERE Laptop Tech Support 0
Karl Alexander Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 7
F Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 3