Laptop GTX965M 100% GPU usage Low FPS

RlPsoul

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Sometime when I start a game, my FPS significantly dropped from what it was normally (150+) down to 10-50 fps depends on the game (Fortnite, League of Legends, Roblox).
This started happening after Fortnite partnered with NVIDIA and enable Highlights in game. I accidentally pressed yes to turn it on when it asked and my FPS instantly dropped since that day. It so happened that by enabling Highlights, it turns on my Game bar, which made the lag happens to all games. But I did not know this and completely wiped the laptop to make it like a new one ( called factory reset I think). Then I turned off Game Bar and the fps went back to normal but a new problem rose: 100% GPU usage sometimes ( mostly it's fine), and FPS is very low (mostly it's 150+). Sometime in League of Legends, a simple Alt+Tab fixed it (just sometime, not always). This is bothering me for over a month now and I saw a lot of posts saying that 100% GPU usage is normal. It's not normal for me, when I use 100% GPU, my fps drop significantly.

Spec:
Intel(R) HD Graphic 530
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M
Temperature from Speccy while everything is fine and not fine: 50-60 Celcius
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 12.0 GB (11.9 usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

RlPsoul

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from RlPsoul : "Laptop Low FPS 100% GPU usage"

Sometime when I start a game, my FPS significantly dropped from what it was normally (150+) down to 10-50 fps depends on the game (Fortnite, League of Legends, Roblox).
This started happening after Fortnite partnered with NVIDIA and enable Highlights in game. I accidentally pressed yes to turn it on when it asked and my FPS instantly dropped since that day. It so happened that by enabling Highlights, it turns on my Game bar, which made the lag happens to all games. But I did not know this and completely wiped the laptop to make it like a new one ( called factory reset I think). Then I turned off Game Bar and the fps went back to normal but a new problem rose: 100% GPU usage sometimes ( mostly it's fine), and FPS is very low (mostly it's 150+). Sometime in League of Legends, a simple Alt+Tab fixed it (just sometime, not always). This is bothering me for over a month now and I saw a lot of posts saying that 100% GPU usage is normal. It's not normal for me, when I use 100% GPU, my fps drop significantly.

Spec:
Intel(R) HD Graphic 530
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M
Installed memory (RAM): 12.0 GB (11.9 usable)

Aug 2, 2018
same problem low fps used to play games on 80-100 on ultra graphiques now 10-50 sometimes lower on the recommened graphiques 7i resatared everything cleaned from inside ans same problem
Spec:
Intel(R) HD Graphic 530
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Installed memory (RAM):24 GB (21.8 usable)