laptop hangs during watching movies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
hello,

i am swapnesh mishra from india.....i have a problem with my laptop that when i watch a movie it freezes and no options except shut it down by pressing the power key works.......plz help me getting out of this problem....i use gom player and km player while watching a movie.

my laptop is sony vaio svf15218snw and my antivirus is quick heal total security registered version........plz help me solving the problem.

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
man perhaps u hvnt read the issue totally,i hv already mentioned i have purchased quickheal total security and i use the defragementation,clean up,temp,%temp%,prefetch everyday and using my lappy in a closed room so how cud it b possible

G

okay- Defragmentation will only free a tiny bit of space, deleting unnecessary data would be better.

You don't clean the prefetch, It's there for a reason, and you are [strike]not[/strike] suppost to clean it as to helps speed boot up.
You will be amazed at how much dust will get into your laptop, it doesn't take long, even in a clean environment.

Quick Heal is a crap antivirus program, it won't block many of the threats heading to your PC...it's not very good (sorry)
From what I am reading in reports, Quick Heal is only popular in India and everyone with it will surely get infected due to the poor protection.

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
so which one u thnk d best antivirus?plz suggest the popular one and worth my lappy

G

If you want to go free-

Avast AV free
Comodo Firewall Free

--extras for deeper scanning--
Spybot S&D
Malewarebytes

Avast and comodo would be your main AV, Spybot and Malewarebytes would be for things the other two can't clean.

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
no i will pay for the securty.......so which one i sud purchase for better protection of my sony vaio svf15218snw.....tell me a single name which i can trust the most

G

Okay, I would suggest with Avast Internet Security as it has a good balance of features and cost-

you should still download Spybot and malwarebytes (they are free for personal use) as they are more specialized for certain types of infection.

swapnesh mishra

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
thanks 4 d suggestion