Aug 5, 2020
I've decided to upgrade to a better gaming rig a few months ago and ended up getting a gaming laptop. The thing is, when I play games, the GPU and CPU tend to get pretty hot. For example, in League of Legends with the fans on Auto mode (setting in OMEN command center) the GPU stays around 60 C and the CPU between 65-80 C and with the fans on MAX mode, the GPU is around 55 C and the CPU around 55-65 C which is pretty good. My problem is when I'm playing Path of Exile or Rainbow Six Siege, where the fan speed barely makes any difference and the temperatures are about 80-86 C for the GPU and 80-95 C for the CPU which kind of worries me. People have told me that those temps are pretty good for such a laptop but I don't think this is good long-term wise. I would love some advice on keeping it a bit cooler while gaming.
To clarify some things:
I have a cooler on which my laptop sits and let me tell you, it doesn't really help with the heat.
I've been undervolting the CPU for a while now using ThrottleStop but to be honest, I don't really see much difference regarding heat.
I've tried different settings in different games to see what makes the CPU that hot and the only game in which capping the fps made a big difference is CSGO, but other than that, in other games, LOW settings or HIGH settings don't make any difference when it comes to heat.
Laptop specs:
GPU: RTX 2060
CPU: I7 9750h
RAM: 16gb dual channel
DISPLAY: 144hz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 0
Kukomitzu Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Louis72 Laptop Tech Support 4
paccjas Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3