Laptop is broken

kitten0294

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
My Acer Aspire ES 15 won't turn on. It has a non removable battery. I push the power button the blue light flashes for a a couple seconds then nothing. HELP

Solution
Just because a battery isn't easy to access doesn't mean it is not removable. :) Now if the laptop is under warranty still, or you don't feel comfortable opening it up yourself, then I would not do it. If under warranty that opening it up can void it. Otherwise I would suggest you try the following...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is...
Just because a battery isn't easy to access doesn't mean it is not removable. :) Now if the laptop is under warranty still, or you don't feel comfortable opening it up yourself, then I would not do it. If under warranty that opening it up can void it. Otherwise I would suggest you try the following...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution