Laptop is connected to the wifi but the web page will not load up

ChelseaLea

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
PLEASE HELP! My laptop says that it is connected to the internet but when I click on internet explorer its either not loading, goes to a blank page or says unable to connect. I have tried everything and nothing has worked! I've even scanned my laptop to check for viruses. I really need someone's help as I need to do research for an assignment at uni which has to be handed in on the 16th!

Solution
There should be a wi-fi signal indicator on the bottom right (System Tray) which shows the signal strength or else a red "X" if there's a problem.

It's possible you don't have wi-fi setup properly. Look for the wireless symbol and open it; if things aren't setup you should be able to select your network, then fill in the login details assuming it's a secure network.

*If you're in a hurry then maybe move near the router and attach an Ethernet cable to run wired.
There should be a wi-fi signal indicator on the bottom right (System Tray) which shows the signal strength or else a red "X" if there's a problem.

It's possible you don't have wi-fi setup properly. Look for the wireless symbol and open it; if things aren't setup you should be able to select your network, then fill in the login details assuming it's a secure network.

*If you're in a hurry then maybe move near the router and attach an Ethernet cable to run wired.

Solution