Solved! Laptop is using dedicated mic instead of external mic

_Binz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2015
so my laptop at some point decided to use the dedicated mic instead of my headphone's mic, but the sound output did come from my headphone. i did noticed this problem when i was playing game with my friend via discord, he notice that my sound is worse than usual. at that time i tried to mute my headphone mic and the discord still capture my sound.

the other thing that confuse me is that when i plug in my headphone i couldn't find my external headphone in the sound control panel, it only shows the dedicated only.

by the way my laptop is Asus TUF FX505 and my headphone is HyperX Cloud Stinger. thanks

please help...

Solution
It could be a problem with the headphone/mic or it could be a problem with the 3.5mm port. I would suggest you first try a different headphone/mic set in that port and also try your current one in another device. This will give you a better idea of which is the problem.
It could be a problem with the headphone/mic or it could be a problem with the 3.5mm port. I would suggest you first try a different headphone/mic set in that port and also try your current one in another device. This will give you a better idea of which is the problem.

Solution