Actually, almost all batteries are removable (or the manufacturer or a tech couldn't remove them). However, the can be very tricky to get to in some devices, and if under warranty, may void said warranty to open it up.
You may need to let the laptop run out of power to get it to truly turn off. Once you have gotten it to turn off and then back on, try the following to keep this from happening again...
1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Open the "Sleep Setting" and find "Hybrid Sleep"
5. Change/set it to allow.
6. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.