Laptop isn't freezing in safe mode, but it does in normal.

the707guy

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
i dropped a phone on the bottom right corner of my laptop. that spot is exactly where my hard drive is located at. After that, a few minutes later my laptop froze. my mouse was still usable, but skype said not responding, chrome said not responding, i pressed the windows button(windows 8) and i couldnt select anything there, task manager wouldn't come up. So i turned off my laptop and waited it for it to reboot. I waited for the asus screen to go by, (asus r510dp-fh11) but it went on for more than 30 mins. It usualyy started up in lest then 30 seconds. I wasn't able bypass the asus loading screen until they gave me an option to refresh my laptop. So i factory reset it.

After that, my laptop was running fine until i got in a skype call. then the problem happened again.
Then i factory rest it again, then it was back to normal. Some how i was able to use my laptop again after the last freeze. I didn't turn of my laptop for like 3 days and it worked fine, until i had to turn off my laptop manually instead through the windows way.

Now, my laptop just freezes after like 5 mins not in safemode.

Is this a hard drive problem?

the707guy

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
so my battery died in safe mood and it turneed off.
i plugged in my charger and im not in safemode anymore and it's working fine again.
this is wierd. im kinda scared to reboot or turn off my laptop

the707guy

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
i got task manger open and the disk is at 100% constant. what does that mean. it says precentage of time the disk is processing read or write request.
this laptop im using to type this is at 0% with many many items opened

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
You'll need a blank cd or dvd, insert the disk into the drive and right-click the .iso file, select the option to burn to disk. The Windows disk burning wizard will walk you through the steps. Once the process is complete, reboot with the disk still in the drive and press F8 as it boots up. This should bring up a menu of boot options where you select the DVD drive.

If there's a problem doing this there's also a windows-based test to run in windows. Maybe that will be simpler in your case.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/