Question Laptop keep freezing when connected to a monitor

Aug 10, 2021
So I have a monitor that I have connected to my laptop and my main display is set to my laptop but I can't run some fullscreen games on my monitor (Because I have the game in window drag it over to my monitor and change the game setting to fullscreen the game goes back to my laptop when I want it on my monitor), so when I switched my main display to my monitor I can play those games in fullscreen on my monitor (without the game going back to my laptop) but my laptop acts like it's frozen and when I unplug my monitor my laptop works all fine, and I just want to play those games on fullscreen on my monitor. So is there a way to play those games on fullscreen on my monitor without my laptop pretending it's frozen? Or could it be my HDMI cord?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 2
SkiBaBopBaDopBop Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
Matiyo Laptop Tech Support 0
Mdot Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 1
abacus143 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
sm23 Laptop Tech Support 9
C Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 12
Similar threads
Question Laptop Freezes and audio makes a horrible sound, followed by black screen on restart. Does anyone know what is happening?
Question ASUS Laptop freezes while trying to load windows, restarts after 5 minutes.
Question ASUS Laptop UX430u freezes in sleep, or hibernation, or even when monitor switches off. I have tried everything, even running from bootable disk.
How To [SOLVED] Freezing/Stucking BIOS on ASUS ROG logo after installing SSD. GL702VM & others ASUS rog laptops
Question Acer laptop freezing when on battery power
Question Hp Gaming Laptop Keeps Freeze/Crashing With Pixelated Square - Please Help
Question Laptop freeze after startup and stuck with not blinking dash on the corner
Question My lenovo laptop Freezes completely when you connect a charger
Question Laptop freezing for milliseconds
Question Laptop keeps freezing and becoming unresponsive!
Question Laptop random freeze
Question Toshiba Satellite Radius 12 P25W - C2300 - 4K constant freezeing / reboot when connected to AC
Question Laptop Freezes or wifi gets disconnected and unable to connect to new wifi hotspot when laptop is moved
Question predator hellios 300 freezes weirdly
Dell G7 freezes while gaming, the laptop is closed, connected to external monitor, but resumes once the lid is opened
internet disconnects and laptop freezes
I have same problem with Lenovo g560 with Windows7 laptop freezes Everytime within 10-20 sec as soon as I connected to wifi
Looking for solution my laptop freeze anytime i connect to wifi asus window 10
i have a sony laptop ''VAIO'' and it also have a problem of freezing problem but only when i connect to my wifi
Connecting to a wi-fi network causes my laptop to freeze.

ASK THE COMMUNITY