Laptop keeps freezing up at random times

Mortem420

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
I have an old HP Pavilion G6-2239dx that i have upgraded with an AMD A10-4600m APU. It also no longer has windows 8/8.1 on it as I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I also had to swap the motherboard and the battery because the original ones were beyond repair.

After installing all the drivers and doing windows updates it seemed like everything was working fine. But over the past few days I've been having problems with the laptop completely freezing up and i have to restart it.

At first i thought it might be a thermal or hardware issue, but after successfully logging the crash 9 or 10 times there doesn't seem to be any consistency for temperature or resource use at the moment of the crash. Its literally all over the place. Also the freezing seem to be more frequent while the laptop in plugged in, happening after 15 minutes-1 hour. When the laptop isn't plugged in it will freeze after maybe 2-4 hours after being turned on

I'm starting to feel like this may be a software issue but am having quite a hard time troubleshooting what may be causing the freezing/crashing.

If anyone has any ideas as to what may be causing it or how I could fix it I would very much appreciate it, as this constant crashing is getting frustrating. I'm willing to provide any info necessary for helping to resolve the issue

Solution
Bump

Edit: I believe i have narrowed it down to possible driver issues as i had just run my laptop in safe mode for about 12 hours with no freezing

Mortem420

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
Bump

Edit: I believe i have narrowed it down to possible driver issues as i had just run my laptop in safe mode for about 12 hours with no freezing

Solution