Laptop keeps shutting off

Chandni_1

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I have an Acer Aspire V5 ultrabook, owned for just over a year now and it does the same thing as well. Even though the battery is fully charged. When I turn it back on it says charged or shows the last battery % like 60%. It usually can run without the charger being plugged in and go for 5 hours or more based on what I'm using it for. I don't know what to do. It just started happening recently.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by removing the battery off the laptop then boot it up with just the charger connected and see if it will stay on or not.
- If that laptop will stay on with just the charger connected that means the problem can be the battery.
- If it does shut down still with just the charger connected do try a different charger first then see if it will do the same.
- When it stays on with a different charger that means you'll need to replace it.
- If using a different charger will result with the shutting down issue proceed with opening your laptop and clean the inside of it.
- Clean the dust off the cooling pads and do also apply new thermal paste on the CPU.
- While the laptop is opened do also reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these troubleshooting guides will not work then the problem is with the motherboard.

SKIPPY PB

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

What do you mean? Does it shut off while plugged in or when its running off just the battery? When does it shut off?

And do you keep it plugged in a lot of the time even when your not using it or when the battery is at 100%?