Laptop keyboard and touchpad are not working. What could be the issue?

aakarshan

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Last week one strange thing happened to me , my laptop's keyboard and touchpad stopped working.
Earlier i thought it could be a battery/power issue.But after trying a couple of thing my computer is still not recovered in the right condition.

I was getting several Bsods related to my gpu in the laptop, but i was trying to avoid them,as i know that the error is related to my gpu but now my laptop has stopped responding.

Laptop boots up fine and screen is working fine but the keyboard and touchpad are not working.
What could be the issue? Please help.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to try an external USB keyboard and mouse and see if they will both work.
- If both device will work just fine then the problem could be a hardware problem.
- Please do try to open the laptop and check the ribbon cables that connects the Touchpad and Keyboard to the motherboard.
- If it will still not work that only mean that both device needs to be replaced.
- Just to make sure as well before replacing the keyboard and Touchpad, do uninstall/reinstall the drivers from Device Manager and see if it will work or not.