Solved! Laptop keyboard not working after adding usb keyboard

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys, I have recently installed an external keyboard to my laptop. This is working fine. But now my laptop keyboard won't work, with or without the USB one attached. Is there a way to fix this? I imagine it's a simple fix but I just don't know where I'm looking. I'f I try to type Office 365 on the laptop keyboard it writes: 6ff5ce 365. It's Windows 10 Acer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
So it's working, but not working properly, that is a big difference. Seems like you just have NumLock on. O is 6, I is 5, etc... It's really obvious when pointed out but a lot of people not used to trouble-shooting miss this. First thing someone should ask is "why is O a 6 every time and not some random thing", and go from there. I bet you are now smacking yourself in the head going "well that was stupid to miss" right now LOL

laptop-keyboard-numpad.jpg
So it's working, but not working properly, that is a big difference. Seems like you just have NumLock on. O is 6, I is 5, etc... It's really obvious when pointed out but a lot of people not used to trouble-shooting miss this. First thing someone should ask is "why is O a 6 every time and not some random thing", and go from there. I bet you are now smacking yourself in the head going "well that was stupid to miss" right now LOL

laptop-keyboard-numpad.jpg

Solution