Laptop Keyboard working partialy.

Jul 5, 2018
Hi there I hope someone can help with this problem, I have looked through a lot of solutions and nothing is working.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C850 laptop and the keyboard and trackpad has stopped working in windows.
What I have done so far is to replace the keyboard and checked that the ribbons are properly attached to the motherboard inserts, the trackpad is not a big deal but the keyboard is strange that it works in the bios but not in windows.
I have noticed that when I shut down the laptop the keyboard works like nothing is wrong but when I restart the laptop and re-enter windows the keyboard is dead.

Like I said I have looked and tried a lot of solutions but all of them fail to correct my problem.

Solution
Look at the bottom right hand corner of the screen when Windows is running, and you should see an icon named Input. Tell Windows how you want to be recognised. You could also try using the onscreen keyboard when the offer comes up wne Windows loads.
Look at the bottom right hand corner of the screen when Windows is running, and you should see an icon named Input. Tell Windows how you want to be recognised. You could also try using the onscreen keyboard when the offer comes up wne Windows loads.

Solution

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
go to control panel, click on hardware and sound, click on device and printers, find the keyboard and right click on it.. Click on troubleshooting and see if it comes up with any info.

Jul 5, 2018
This is a laptop and does not have the keyboard as a device because its build in...and also changing the language does not do anything the keyboard is not working in windows when you restart the laptop but works when you shut the laptop down and boot again into windows.

Jul 5, 2018
Thank you two for the help, got to a point where I wanted to smash the thing...then I thought "what if someone spilled something over the track pad"...stripped and cleaned the ribbon connector points and BOOOM!!! everything is working like a charm.