Question Laptop keys "pressing down" after i let go.

Mar 24, 2019
When i play games on my laptop, about 10% of the times i press the W , A ,S or D keys and i let go, the laptop/game thinks that i am still holding down the key. Please help.

It sounds like either there is something stuck in them, food, debris, stickiness due to liquid, etc., or the keys are becoming damaged due to over use.

First I would suggest you try cleaning out the keyboard. Anything stuck in it can cause keys to stick. And even the smallest amount of a liquid that can turn sticky (basically anything other than water) can cause keys to get stuck.

If cleaning it out doesn't do the trick, then you are looking at either replacing the keys (if possible on that laptop keyboard), replacing the whole keyboard or using an external keyboard.

Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for replying, I don't think that it will be dirt as it has been happening since i got the laptop. I will clean it anyway. I'm not worried too much if the problem stays anyway as I've gotten used to it. Again thanks for replying :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
danielxfx Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question My laptop keyboard is typing square brackets when I press R T I simultaneously
Question When i press any keys on my laptop it will shut off automatically by it self. Can you help me?
Solved! Both my HP laptop and Logitech wireless keyboard have the same keys not functioning properly, unless presses with another key
Solved! MY dell latitude laptop power button is on but it's not coming up. No display. I have tried to remove the battery and Press's
Solved! Laptop turns on after 5-10 minutes of pressing power button (Unremovable Battery)
laptop screen immediately turns blank when no key pressed
Laptop keyboard presses enter+"L" when I press "L" key and "-." when I press the "." key-.
Solved! My laptop screen comes on but it's stuck, it isn't black, the screensaver is visible but i can't access the computer. I press
Solved! Certain laptop keyboard keys don't work without pressing shift
Acer Laptop won't turn on , AC Lamp is off even while the laptop is plugged in, it only turns on for like 1 sec when I press t
My asus x441ua laptop is showing blank screen but led is turned on after pressing the power button. I tried to Hard reboot(pre
Laptop doesn't work after force shutdown (long press power key).
Hey my laptop wont type because i pressed a serten button on it can you plese help me.
Laptop Keyboard pressing random keys
I can't sign in on my laptop one of the buttons not pressing
When i open my laptop it show Check system. Then press F2 key.
My hp laptop finished battery while watching a movie. I shut it down by pressing the power button.. on the next day,i charged
Press at .f10 nothing happens
Screen highlights when I press "space bar" on my Laptop
My hp laptop get blackscreen after turning on and showing the first HP logo with 'press 'esc' to startup menu' then my screen

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS