laptop loud fan after cpu upgrade

Kristijonas

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hello,
so i have this hp 655 g1 laptop that had a a4-4300m processor. I changed it to a a10-5750m (was sold with this laptop) and i have this problem-the fan always spin at a high rpm and it is quite annoying.A list of what i have found out and tests i made:

1. The new processor is running even cooler than the old one on both idle and heavy load - open hardware monitor , amd overdrive thermal margin, finger touch on the heatsink over the processor.
2. The old processor had about 40 c temp on idle and the fan wouldn't even spin. When the temps get about 50 c the fan would start spinning but at a low rpm that didnt make any sound. As the temps get higher then it start spinning at a high audible rpm.
3. The new processor idle (2% cpu load on task manager) temp is about 30-35 c and the fan spins in the same audible fan rpm on both idle and high load.
4. Bios, drivers newest versions. Speedfan, amd overdrive and bios doesnt show the fan controls.
5. Everything is connected correctly and there cant be any hardware connecting mistakes as i changed the cpus from old to new, from new to old a few times- same story everytime.

Anyone got any ideas what could be the problem? Listening to this fan spinning on 1 chrome tab and 35 degress is quite a pain

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 0