Laptop Motherboard Diagnosis/Repair (No Power)

glennb57

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Does anyone know where Toshiba schematics can be found for newer laptops? I have been googling under every combination of terms I can think of but can't locate schematics for L675 and L675D machines with LA-6041P and LA-6053P motherboards.
Thanks

glennb57

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Thanks for the links. I did check them out but the service manual doesn't include the motherboard electrical schematics. I have tried notebookschematic.com and other sites including Ebay sellers of schematics and nobody has these. I don't know if these are too new or if Toshiba is blocking release of them. I used to repair cars and remember Honda and some other Japanese companies were considering their service manuals as proprietary and not releasing technical info to the service manual companies in order to force people into the dealerships, I suppose.

Alein

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
The most common problem with a laptop if the power block is working ok would be the connector where the power plugs in. That female connector usually comes unsoldered from the motherboard.

glennb57

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012

I agree that is probably the case. I don't know how it is that the schematic businesses come by these eventually. I bought a schematic though an Ebay seller that had Toshiba satellite P35 schematics and they were good, just don't know how they originally came by these. I figure that motherboard repair operations either find a way to obtain schematics or put in the manpower to create their own. Sometimes there are advantages to troubleshooting problems in case there are simple repairable problems short of having major ICs reballed. Thing is I can get schematics for other Satellite family laptops, just not these and guess I don't know enough about the system to understand why.