Laptop mouse and keyboard stop working

blubricks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hp Pavillion dm1-4010us, Synaptics touchpad, Logitech "couch mouse" 515 with unifying receiver...Can submit more data, but somewhere in here lies the problem.
Boot Windows-->Enter password on keyboard (no external KB, tho I think Logitech's unifying USB "creates" one)--> 10-30 seconds later keyboard stops working. I've unplugged Logitech's USB 10 times so far writing this. Plug it in until keyboard stops then unplug it...keyoard works for 30 sec, then stops, unplug and it works for 30 sec, then stops. I've uninstalled ALL the mouse and keyboard drivers and restarted to try a "basic" laptop...same thing. The touchpad does does working as well as the keyboard, though I don't notice as much because I hate the touchpad, hence the usb mouse. I'm not sure if I made this clear enough, as it's late, and I've been working on this almost since I bought the POS (a few months)..The "band-aid" until recently has been put the computer to sleep and wake it up (This was gathered from folks who mentioned removing the battery temporarily. Regardless, these are all temporary fixes. I do not want to send my computer back, as the twits who created it are unlikely to make it any better and then I'm without a puter for 2 months. Not gonna happen. Anywho, long post, how and in what order do I fix these driver conflicts? How do I find the appropriate registry keys to set this right? How do I stop Logitch's unifying receiver from "installing" a keyboard that isn't there, as that's what I believe the biggest problem is. Thanks in advance.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Seems like there's probably some software mucking with Windows's standard keyboard/mouse installation. Try removing all Logitech software related to the mouse and keyboard.

blubricks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

The usb mouse is the only logitech product. I tried that. It would seem that it's between Synaptics, Logitech, and Windows....I uninstalled all KB and mouse drivers and software, then reinstalled Synaptics as that came with the puter, but KB same prob. Am i wrong in thinking there is a leftover registry key that sets precedence?

blubricks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
If I unplug the USB dongle, the keyboard and touchpad work for idk 30-60 seconds, while typing this anyways, then quits. I plug in the USB dongle and it works again(stpped orkin unplgge) for 10 sec (STARTED< STPPEDP) TEX "catches up" every time I plug/unplug..typing goes longer when usb plugged in

blubricks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
right now there are no logitech programs visible....only the driver enabling the usb mouse...which also appears to "install" a usb keyboard whic i don't have, never did