Laptop needs some "warm up" before I get sound

boombadoomboom

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello. it's been months now and I have been facing this problem. When I open my PC, device manager says that there is no audio device present. After using my PC for like 30 minutes or so, and then reboot it, device manager now detects sound. Sometimes it works for a while and then my sound is gone again but most of the time, it works unless I shut down my PC. What causes this? Could this be a hardware issue? I already tried reinstalling my OS and the problem persists.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

My laptop is a HP Sleekbook 14 running Windows 10.

Hi,

Since you've done a complete factory reset already it should have resolved the issue. Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver when the sound is working?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Reboot your laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do also run Windows Update and install all updates available.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting HP for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

boombadoomboom

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello. I tried what you said and when I uninstalled and rebooted, it installed the default High Definition Audio Driver from MS. But it did not last long though. When I shut down my laptop and then using it after a few minutes, sound is gone again. Unfortunately my laptop is over 2 years old so it's out of warranty.