Laptop Not Booting Up, Blue Recovery Screen and Blue Frown Face Screen.

ishaan99

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Hi,
I've been having a problem with my laptop that it does not boot up and is stuck at the "Toshiba Leading Innovation" screen with a spinning circle.

My laptop is the Toshiba Satellite L55-A5299

What happens is that it stays on the toshiba leading innovation screen for a long time.
Then it comes up with the Blue Recovery Screen and says "Your PC couldn't start properly. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f. You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media." And then it says at the bottom to press Enter to try again/Press F8 for Startup settings/Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings.

So I don't have a recovery disc and I've been trying to download them from the internet but they never work. Then when I press enter to try again on the Blue Recovery Page it comes up with another blue screen but this time with a frown face and says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME."

I've trying to fix this laptop for a long time now and still haven't been able to get it to work, so if anyone can please help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Try Factory Recovery using the backup image on the hard drive if it's still intact:

Turn laptop off.
Press and hold the zero key (0) and turn laptop on (keep zero key depressed).
Factory Recovery screen should appear.

If factory recovery won't run, replace the hard drive because it has most likely died.
Then order recovery discs from Toshiba: https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Try Factory Recovery using the backup image on the hard drive if it's still intact:

Turn laptop off.
Press and hold the zero key (0) and turn laptop on (keep zero key depressed).
Factory Recovery screen should appear.

If factory recovery won't run, replace the hard drive because it has most likely died.
Then order recovery discs from Toshiba: https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/

Solution