Laptop not charging!

Sep 19, 2018
Hey there, I own a Lenovo T440P and I've been having an issue with my laptop recently. About a month ago my charger started tripping the earth wire so I realized it probably had a broken fuse and shortly purchased another one. Just last week my laptop stopped charging when I plugged the charger in.

I tried it without the battery and it worked for a day. The following day it didn't respond to the charger with or without the battery in it. So I concluded it was a battery issue. I tried charging it once again with another charger and it works perfectly!,, I am afraid it might stop working again.

If anyone knows what the problem could be kindly assist, Thanks in advance.

So without the battery ,your laptop won't turn on?

For charging, your laptop won't 'charge' while the battery is full (on screen message should be "plugged in, not charging"), as it's unnecessary & harmful to the battery itself.

Is this the original charger?

Sep 19, 2018

It will but only with a new charger then after some time it behaves funny again. I think it might be the charger s i buy.

Sep 19, 2018

It might be the charger im using. Im not sure its legit. I have tried another original one and its working with and without the charger let me see how long it lasts.