Laptop Not Charging

TraxNInja20

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014
So... Iv got a problem with my laptop.
It sais that is Charging but its not gaining any power its loosing like 1-3 power a day. When ever I unplug the charger it shuts down. And when ever I start it up it sais CMOS checksome error and the date changes all the time. It might be a battery problem but will my PC shut down after the battery is to 0 or will it continue to be on.

Solution
you have two errors with the laptop. one is a dead cmos battery or a damaged cmos. if the laptop is out of warranty and your handy you can flip the laptop over and with the battery and charger removed open the bottom of the laptop. most laptop and pc use a standard cr203 coin battery. if you can see it you can pop it out and replace it. if the cmos error still there you can try and reflash the bios with the newest bios file from the laptop vendor. on the charging issue can be a few parts. the first is the battery if the control chip in a battery fails it wont charge.. i would see if a friend has a spare working battery or if a local parts store has a replacment unit you can pout in and try to see if that fixes your issue before you buy...
you have two errors with the laptop. one is a dead cmos battery or a damaged cmos. if the laptop is out of warranty and your handy you can flip the laptop over and with the battery and charger removed open the bottom of the laptop. most laptop and pc use a standard cr203 coin battery. if you can see it you can pop it out and replace it. if the cmos error still there you can try and reflash the bios with the newest bios file from the laptop vendor. on the charging issue can be a few parts. the first is the battery if the control chip in a battery fails it wont charge.. i would see if a friend has a spare working battery or if a local parts store has a replacment unit you can pout in and try to see if that fixes your issue before you buy a new battery. the other issue is the ac brick if the wires are broken or old the brick may be failing to output the right voltage if it low a laptop may run but not charge, the last is a bad power pin or charger inside the system board. if it the system board that bad your better off backing your data up and buying a newer laptop.

Solution